About Project Grants for Public Schools
Project Grants for Public Schools (PGPS) is the newest initiative from the Neighbors Capital Area Foundation. PGPS is a granting program open to public schools in Neighbors’ 9-parish service area to apply for funds for a specific project or resource within the school.
- Grant amount – $2,500+
- Number of payments – One-time payment
- Eligible organizations – Public Schools & Qualified Charter Schools in Neighbors’ 9-parish service region. Charter schools will be subject to verification through the Baton Rouge Area Foundation.
- How to apply – Fill out our online Letter of Intent form & application
- Application deadlines – The next application period will open in August 2023. Award recipients will be notified by the end of September 2023.
- Be a public or non-profit charter school operating in Neighbors’ 9-parish region
- East Baton Rouge
- East Feliciana
- Pointe Coupee
- St. Helena
- West Baton Rouge
- West Feliciana
- The project must have a direct and lasting impact on the school as a whole, as outlined by the submitted project application, see below for a few examples.
- New or Upgraded Technology
- Community Garden
- School Beautification
- Facility Improvements
- Programs or events outside of the 9-parish region
- Political activities
- Students raising funds for competition entries, travel, etc
The Fall application period is now closed and award recipients will be notified by the end of September 2022.
The new application period will open in January 2023.
For more information contact:
Community Outreach Coordinator