Project Grants for Public Schools
About Project Grants for Public Schools
Project Grants for Public Schools (PGPS) is the newest initiative from the Neighbors Capital Area Foundation. PGPS is a granting program open to public schools in Neighbors’ 9-parish service area to apply for funds for a specific project or resource within the school.
- Grant amount – $2,500+
- Number of payments – One-time payment
- Eligible organizations – Public Schools & Qualified Charter Schools in Neighbors’ 9-parish service region. Charter schools will be subject to verification through the Baton Rouge Area Foundation.
- How to apply – Fill out our online Letter of Intent form
- Application deadlines – The first application period will open on Monday, April 5 and applications will be due by Monday, May 31
- Be a public or non-profit charter school operating in Neighbors’ 9-parish region
- East Baton Rouge
- East Feliciana
- Pointe Coupee
- St. Helena
- West Baton Rouge
- West Feliciana
- The project must have a direct and lasting impact on the school as a whole, as outlined by the submitted project application, see below for a few examples.
- New or Upgraded Technology
- Community Garden
- School Beautification
- Facility Improvements
- Programs or events outside of the 9-parish region
- Political activities
- Students raising funds for competition entries, travel, etc