Project Grants for Public Schools
About Project Grants for Public Schools
Project Grants for Public Schools (PGPS) is the newest initiative from the Neighbors Capital Area Foundation. PGPS is a granting program open to public schools in Neighbors’ 9-parish service area to apply for funds for a specific project or resource within the school.
- Grant amount – $2,500+
- Number of payments – One-time payment
- Eligible organizations – Public Schools & Qualified Charter Schools in Neighbors’ 9-parish service region. Charter schools will be subject to verification through the Baton Rouge Area Foundation.
- How to apply – Fill out our online Letter of Intent form
- Application deadlines – The first application period will open on Monday, April 5 and applications will be due by Monday, May 31
- Be a public or non-profit charter school operating in Neighbors’ 9-parish region
- East Baton Rouge
- East Feliciana
- Pointe Coupee
- St. Helena
- West Baton Rouge
- West Feliciana
- The project must have a direct and lasting impact on the school as a whole, as outlined by the submitted project application, see below for a few examples.
- New or Upgraded Technology
- Community Garden
- School Beautification
- Facility Improvements
- Programs or events outside of the 9-parish region
- Political activities
- Students raising funds for competition entries, travel, etc
Applications are currently closed.
Our first round application period closed on May 31st and all applications are currently under review. Our second round of applications will open this Fall – please stay posted for dates.